Attended St Joseph (Singapore) till 1959. Joined Delhi Public School Delhi, in 1960, graduating in 1967.
Completed B.A. (Hons) History from Hans Raj College, Delhi. Obtained a Masters (History, 1977, and an MBA (Finance, 1980) from the University of Rochester, New York.
* Born 1950. Raised in Singapore and Delhi. Arrived in North America in 1975.
* In DPS, played Cricket for Jhelum House, but more focused on wrestling.
In the U.S., played Inter-collegiate Squash Racquets and obtained a national amateur ranking.
* Began professional career with IBM in New York in 1981, subsequently worked for Barclays Bank (New York and London), Lehman Brothers
(New York), JPMorgan Chase (Columbus OH) and Nationwide Insurance (Columbus OH). Retired from corporate life 2016 but doing the occasional management consulting gig.
* Since 1997, have lived in Westerville OH with wife, Harjit, and daughter, Simran.
* Translating GURBANI (Sikh Teachings) with a commentary is a consuming passion.
* Past President, Guru Nanak Religious Society of Central Ohio, Columbus OH
* Executive Director, Sikh Research Institute
* Ad-hoc Professor, Capital University, Columbus Ohio
* Assistant Professor (ad hoc) Harvard University
* Founder Editor at the Sikh Chic
* Founder Editor at Khoj Gurbani